"A soldier doesn't fight because he hates what is in front of him. A soldier fights because he loves what he left behind." - unknown

"God is our refuge and strength. He will protect us and make us strong" (ps 46:1). For those who will fly today, for those who are there now, and for those who will soon join the fight, Lord, shield them from all evil, strengthen their hearts, and bring them home safely.


Monday, July 20, 2015

Speak Their Names

I've been at a loss for words for the attack on the protectors of this nation. I wanted our President to stand up and be strong for a nation. I wanted to see our nation fight for our troops for just once. I wanted to see our nation mourn. I wanted lives to STOP. I want a moment of silence. I want a televised address during prime time. I want a statement. I want a speech. I want condemnation. I want strength. I want anger. I want mourning.
I want the nation to feel broken the way that our military community is broken.
I want our nation's heart to break when terrorists work to break our military. I want you to care and I want you to be vocal. I want our nation to speak for us, and fight for us, and weep for us.
I want our worlds to be one. Our realities to be the same.
I want the country to stop. To take pause. I want you to SPEAK THEIR NAMES.

1 comment:

  1. I am blessed to have MANY friends who are Military loving, Patriotic people. We are outraged. We are so sad as we see the moron in charge, turn his back on this wonderful country and not support our Military or even care about American lives. We did not expect him to recognize those who were killed. He has done this so often.He is the most unpatriotic person I have ever seen. My friends participated in funerals, flag lines, prayer vigils. We have cried with the families. Our hearts are broken. We are broken. We pray.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thanks for sharing : )